Monday, October 17, 2005

Change of plans...

My original plan for Sunday was to go to a murder mystery dinner party hosted by my friend Glen. I borrowed a drop-dead gorgeous dress from my mother and started dressing for my part as the wine princess turned Hollywood actress. (A part I was looking forward to playing.)


Sunday afternoon, I got a phone call from a very distressed Eldon. If I didn't have caller ID I wouldn't have even known it was him. That's how bad he sounded. He said he was in the most excrusiating pain he'd ever felt in his life and was going to be going to the hospital. What kind of person would I be if I got a call like that and went to the party anyway? Naturally I rushed down to the hospital to be with him. He ended up having emergency surgery at around 9pm and it looks like he will be in the hospital for at least a week if not two. I won't go into the gory details here, but I will show you a gory picture. :P

While waiting for the outcome of the surgery, Warren, Abby and I went back to Eldon's to wait for results. I didn't want to waste the chance to wear this fantastic dress, so we decided to do an impromptu photo shoot to take our minds off worrying about Eldon.

As soon as we got the call that he was out of surgery, Warren and I went back to the hospital to see him. He was awake and looked pretty good considering. We talked with him for a bit, and teased him about his "foot massager booties" that made a fart sound every couple of minutes as it spurted air to his feet to keep the bloodflow going while he can't move around much.

I didn't leave the hospital until around 5am when Warren and I started to pass out. I went down to Eldon's house and crashed on his couch for 3 hours of fitful uncomfortable sleep before going back to see him again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But we got more sleep then Eldon did! Certainly a Sunday night we could all do without!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home