Monday, August 15, 2005

Gute Nahrung und Freunde!


That's German for Good Food and Friends... that's exactly what Sunday was like for me. I've decided that since I've been spending so much time away from home, that Sunday was Wesley's day. Upon making that decision I started looking for a good place I could go enjoy some quality food and drinks, and still spend time with my best friend Wesley. Portland Pooch dot com is by far one of the coolest resources to find events and things you can do with your dog. We decided on the Berlin Inn on SE Powell and 12th. Not only did this place have a beautiful patio for dining, and were extrememly doggie friendly, they had their own "pooch menu" filled with all sorts of cool things you could order and have prepared for your dog. Wesley was in hog heaven when his "Chow Hound" arrived. It was a dish of german noodles with a mushroom gravy and topped with milkbones! I actually had to take it away from him halfway through to ensure he would stop long enough to breathe between bites.



They also had some incredibly interesting beer choices. I went for the Pepsi and Beer combo they offered, and sampled the Lemonade Beer also. While that may sound sorta gross, it was actually very good. I guess it's just a matter of finding the right beer for the combination to work. The fondue was amazing. It was a sharp cheddar and garlic, with sausage apples and bread for dipping.




Then came the meal.... I'm not quite sure how to pronounce it, except to say that it was scrumptious! Sauerbraten I believe is what it was called, and it was a roasted beef so tender that just evaporated in your mouth with each bite, and some potatos with bacon mixed in. The wait staff was incredibly friendly, and even offered Wesley a job as a dishwasher!


Happy and Full, we went to Normandale Park on NE 57th and Halsey. It's a very large dedicated off leash dog park. This was our first outing here, but I like this park a lot. It was quite a hot day but with so many trees it made for a nice shady spot for the dogs to get excersize and not overheat. There were also water bowls spread out randomly throughout the park. Here's some pics from the fun we had. :)



Catering to Wesley's ball obsession


Showered with puppy kissses!


2 Great Dane puppies playing tug


A Very Happy Spoiled Rotten Doggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home