Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Issues

I slept at the hospital again last night with Eldon. We actually got some decent rest because instead of poking and prodding him every hour like they did the night before, they just peeked in to see he was still breathing and then left. So much more manageable!
Around 10 am we awoke to Warren's smiling face. We chatted with him for about 10 minutes before a very millitant CNA came in and told Eldon he had to get up in the next ten minutes so she could change his sheets like it was a friggin emergency.



I stayed till around 1pm watching Warren pimp out Eldon's room. Then I had to go take care of my dogs. I went to Eldon's and fed Wes and Rikka, and decided to take Rikka with me back up to Vancouver to run my errands, as she is small enough to take in everywhere I needed to go.

Why I hate NY #47: I've been trying to get WA plates on my car for quite a while, but as it turns out its incredibly difficult because of NY. I figured all I had to do was call my lienholder to get a copy of the title to the WA DMV.... Not quite. I did call them, and they said, "We don't have your title, YOU do."
"Um... No I don't. If I did I wouldn't be calling you for it."
"Well NY sends the title to the person with the car. If you don't have it it may be because your address was wrong, if it comes back to them, they don't resend it."
"Great."
Getting ahold of NY DMV is next to impossible, and if you aren't at the address they have on file you can't do it online! My only option is to call them, which of course isn't possible because they don't even have an automated phone system, I got a busy signal! It's like calling a radio station, you're never going to get through when you want something. Even when I get through, they're going to mail me my title in 6-8 weeks!

So....I went up to everyone's favorite place, the DMV, to beg them for an extension on my temporary permit, which expired yesterday. The lady was amazingly helpful and gave me a 60 day permit, well not really GAVE it, I had to pay $75 bucks for it. But anyway, at least I don't have to worry about getting an expired tags ticket for 2 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home