Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Laughter is the best medicine....


I spent most of the day with Eldon at the hospital. He was even instructed to get up and walk around 3 times a day. We played a little "patient bingo" where a volunteer from the hospital comes around and gives you some bingo cards, and you fold the numbers down when they are called from a special channel on the hospital's closed circut channel. We didn't win. We came to the conclusion that it must have been rigged though, because the only winners came from the 8th floor.
My dogs are camped out at Eldon's house, because he lives about 10 mins from the hospital, and I live 45, so I left in the afternoon to go let them out and feed them. When I came back, Eldon's response was, "I'm drugged!" One of the pumps he's connected to had an epidural drip, and it kept failing during the day, so while I was gone, the anesthesiologist came in to replace it, but he gave him something else to ensure that he wouldn't be in pain while they changed out the pump. The nurse had also given him something, so he was really loopy! Look at the teeny tiny pupils!

Justin came to visit, and while he was there, he invited me to go with him to Harvey's Comedy Club. He had free tickets and was looking for some people to go with him. I said I would let him know later, and he left shortly after to go back to work.
Then Ildiko came over. She showed us the Petting Zoo. (Don't click on the link if you are easily offended, especially don't click on it if you are at work!!!!) We laughed our asses off.
While I was at Eldon's house, I got in contact with Nivarni, and told her she too should come to visit Eldon. She was really grateful that I told her and she showed up shortly after. She was also very happy to see Warren.
Eldon made sure that even in the hospital, he proved he can have an "Eldon Moment" tm.

I decided to go to Harvey's and give Eldon a break from me, as I'd been there all day and I'm sure he was getting tired of me. You know, even too much of a good thing is a bad thing! It ended up being me, Justin, Asa, and Ben. We had a little food and a couple drinks while waiting for the comedians to start. Both comedians were very funny. I feel bad because although I have pictures of them, I can't for the life of me tell you what their names were.

They were both very good though...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the opportunity to stay involved in Eldon's "hospital experience" without having to drive around Beaverton

6:23 AM  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

It's the least I can do. He can't keep his own blog updated, so I figure if I do, those who can't make it to see him can come by and check out how he's doing on here. :)

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home