Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hospital Diet #1


Eldon is doing much better. They took out the epidural last night, and this morning he had the first thing by mouth he's had since he got there.. A nice glass of cranberry juice. Right after he tasted it, he said.. "This is REALLY good!" Honestly, I had some of it too, and it didn't taste like pure cranberry, I think it was cran apple, but I'd think after not having anything to eat in 5 days, a tennis shoe with bacon grease on it would taste pretty damn good.

In addition to that, he said that he had some chicken broth and jello this evening as well. I laughed, and said, "Wow, after I had my gall bladder removed, that was my first meal as well.. Chicken broth and cranberry juice... and of course, the jello." We determined that must be standard hospital diet #1.

I had to leave to go to work, but when I talked to him this evening he said that he was actually able to take a real shower today and it felt awesome. He said he's starting to feel like a real person again and that because he's doing so well, they might even let him out sometime this weekend! I'm really excited that he's doing so well. Of course, the real test is when he's no longer on IV pain meds....

I had a decent day except for one thing. I felt bad about not spending much time with my dogs since Eldon's been in the hospital, so I thought I would take Wesley to work with me today. He's a really great dog, and is always well behaved when I take him to work, but.... because he has to stay on leash in the store, he can't always tell me when he needs to go out. I'm using him for demonstration in my 2pm class, and as I'm talking he squats down and takes a big messy POOP right in front of my students! Doh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home