Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas at Moms...


Since my mother was out of town for Christmas, we decided to do the whole Christmas thing tonight after I got off work. Eldon and I met up at my place and we went over to my mom's house for dinner.




My brother Brian and his girlfriend Lisa arrived at the same time and we had dinner, some strange mediterranian inspired vegetarian dish and as always LOTS of wine. I somehow managed to drop the salt shaker and it bounced off my wine glass AND my water glass, breaking both of them and spilling both the contents all over the table and my dinner... go me!




My mom and her husband were in rare form that night, making some jokes that were shockingly funny and we really had a good time! I think we're actually starting to get more comfortable with each other, considering it's been 5 years since we actually spent any real time together.






They even had a present for Eldon, although my mother spelled his name wrong and we had a lot of fun teasing her about it, especially Ron. It was perfect for him too. It's exactly the shirt I was trying to get him to buy when we went shopping for his new work clothes. A microfiber (aka pettable) shirt in blue, which looks fantastic on him. When we went shopping he ended up getting the same shirt in black. They did great picking that out, even the size was right and they didn't ask me about that. I'm really impressed.


I got a few sweaters, and some pajamas (a mom tradition), a gift certificate for the spaghetti factory and some free movie passes, but wow... I got two things I absolutely needed....










I got a vacuum cleaner! I know that doesn't sound exciting, but trust me, with two dogs in your house, a vacuum is a MUST, and I needed one desperately.




Reasons why I need a vacuum cleaner:

1) Wesley likes to TP my living room for fun.

2) Rikka likes to eat her food ALL OVER my carpet.

In addition, I got a TV! WOO HOO!!!!

I've had the same TV since I was 16 years old. It has more miles on it than most cars. Recently it started to black out to the point where you have to beat it on the side to get the picture to come back on, and the red was bleeding onto the screen. I was really getting annoyed with it. I was totally not expecting to get a TV for Christmas. Although I don't watch much TV, when I do, it annoys me because everyone on the screen has insanely red lips that go outside the lines, and half the time I had to play the bongos on it. New TV make me very happy!

My brother didn't do so bad either... He got a laptop!

Now all I need is a new cell phone, (mine is dying and it's my only phone), a dresser (I left my old one in NY, so all my clothes that don't hang are on my bedroom floor for lack of a better place to put them) to spay my dog, and to get my 30,000 mile inspection done on my car, and I'm exactly happy with where I want to be.

There's always debt I have to take care of, but everyone has that. I can live with my debt. It's the little things that make life easier that I lack right now. I had a really great Christmas this year though, no complaints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home