Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I did. It was pretty quiet and relaxing, which is someting I don't usually have. Being that my mother was out of town, and my brother was spending Christmas with his father (he's my half brother) and my dad lives in Arizona, I was sans family anyway. So I spent the day with Eldon. We were going to go down to the coast to see his family, but since I have to work in the morning, it would have been a whole lot of driving for a little bit of visit.




Eldon and I exchanged gifts, and I can't wait till I can use his gift. This gift is one that he gets the benefit of also... It was a couple's package at Aequis a spa in Portland. I'm so excited! This is total spoilage! I used to have a regular massage therapist I went to in NY, but I've never been to a day spa where they treat you like a queen. This is going to be so awesome!



After that, we went to go see Fun with Dick and Jane. Both Eldon and I love Jim Carrey, so it was a no brainer that we'd go to see it. It's really amazing how many people actually went to see a movie on Christmas. The first theatre we went to was completely packed, and everything at the timeslot we were at was sold out! We went to another theatre that wasn't quite as comfy, but it also wasn't packed. The movie was just what it said it would be... Fun. If you like traditional Jim Carrey, (like Liar Liar / Bruce Almighty, not his dramatic Eternal Sunshine / Man on the Moon) you'll like it. Tea Leoni was a lot of fun in it too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No *there's* a movie I might actually see in the theater, and I am not huge on paying $8 to see a comedy on the big screen. I love Jim Carrey too..."Liar Liar" is a fave, as well as "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." Can't go wrong with Ace Ventura either!

Heads up on the concert front...you and your Son Rust pals might dig the upcoming God Module/Particle Son show coming up 1/19/06 at Sabala's. It'll be in a similar vein of the Combichrist show I invited you to, with a little more emphasis on vocal distortion and danciness. "Harsh electro" they call it. Maybe I'll see you guys there!

8:33 PM  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

Yeah it was fun.
As for the concert, I'll let them know and thanks for the invite!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home