Thursday, March 16, 2006

Justin was right...

Portland Chefs suck. They're just downright mean. They stand outside of the culinary institute, smoking their cigarettes and wreaking havoc any way they can for their own amusement. I never understood Justin's hatred of them until today.

I went downtown to have lunch with Eldon, and as I was trolling around looking for a place to park, I saw an opening right in front of the culinary institute. "Wow, just my luck, a great parking space," I thought. I pulled in, and looked around, and asked the ridiculous amount of white clad, smock and big silly hat wearing cloud of smoke (read chefs chain smoking) if I could park here. They actually responded, "yeah, sure." I smiled, and got out of my car and walked over to the meter ticket thing to pay. I put in my money and walked away, thinking h0w lucky I was to get such a great parking spot right across the street from Eldon's work, because it was raining really hard.

We went and had lunch at Pico de Gallo, a little mexican restaurant nearby. They have really good inexpensive, food, and thier burritos are HUGE! I headed back to my car, and as I was about to get in, I noticed a little yellow envelope on my windshield. I pulled it out, and this was what was inside! "What the? A parking ticket!" I got out of the car and looked around after reading the bottom portion of the ticket where it says, "2 signs clearly marked, parked in a loading zone." Just then, one of the smoking chefs moved slightly to the side, and I realized that the damn chefs had been standing in front of the signs marked loading zone!!! When I asked if I could park there, they said yes, as they were covering the sign that said it was a loading zone. I think the bastards did it on purpose. They really are mean!

Here's why Justin hates them:
"had another run in with the Portland Chefs. If anyone isn't aware of my hatred of chefs, it stems from a horrible childhood experience that happened a few years ago and scarred me forever. I was walking back from a huge dinner with mutliple bottles of very expensive wine in my gullet, when Ben and I happened across a number of chef's smoking cigarettes. Feeling friendly and cantankorous, I belted out a splendorific "hello!" to the grouping of five or six men wearing shmocks and gigantic chef's hats that we happened to be passing by. I was completely snubbed by ALL of them. In fact, I was given six simultaneous stink-eyes. Not a single nod or hearty hello. I was absolutely crestfallen.
So, Sunday I decided to give it one more shot and on our way back from a filling breakfast of whiskey and coffee drinks at the Roxy I was once more faced with a shmock wearing hat laden group of 4-6 chefs on a smoke break. Much more timidly this time I forced out a warbling "hallo!" and was greeted with nothing more than a look of pure disgust and ill-will. Due to this I have decided that all Chef's in Portland need to CHOKE ON THEIR OWN INTESTINES AND DIE IN A BATH OF THEIR OWN STINKING PUKE."





So after that ordeal and working, I went to Ash St. Saloon to see Son of Rust . I couldn't wait to tell Justin about my run-in with the chefs. He was one of the few who would understand.

Thanks Staci and Katie for coming out to show support!






Chris also showed up.

Eldon said he wasn't going to make it because it was past his bedtime, but as we were sitting there, he walked in! YAY! That made me really happy. Here's him giving some love to Tad.

The other usual suspects were there, Melissa and Bekka seen here.

Eldon, with Jason and Allie deeply enthralled in conversation.

The best part of the night was that they played their new song Violator. I effing love that song. I begged Justin to sing it and he was skeptical at first. He claimed he couldn't sing it live. I could tell he was a bit nervous at first when he started, but by the end, he totally rocked it and the crowd absolutely loved it too! Here's some pics from the show:






I also finally got my very own Son of Rust T shirt! Woo hoo! I'm so gonna be the "guy who wears the shirt of the band I'm going to see to their show." on April 29th. You must go! And you too can have your very own Son of Rust T-shirt. Click here to get one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rustchild said...

'Feeling friendly and cantankorous, I belted out a splendorific "hello!"'

A splendorific "hello!"? God, how much crack was I on when I wrote THAT blog entry? Christ. That's like hearing your own voice on an answering message and being like "Do I SOUND like that? UGH!"

But anyway, thanks for the pics and the positivity about the show. The whole band felt like it was our best ever. Glad you could be there!!!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It certainly WAS the best ever!!! And it's so cool that you always can be counted on to document it all! Someone should pay you..... :)

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home