Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fat Tuesday

I have never gone out for Mardi Gras. So I decided this year I was going. It just happened to fall on a day I had off. Lucky for me to have Tuesdays off huh? Anyway, I didn't want to just sit at home, so Geoff invited me to go with him to Rock Bottom.
I got there around 8, and Geoff was starving, so he'd already ordered. After munching down on some club sandwiches and nachos, we went over to the bar area to watch the show.

A band he'd been recently turned on to was playing. Intervision 5 they were pretty cool.. I got a very Jamiroquai vibe. They did some covers as well. From John Mayer, Dave Matthews, and my personal favorite of the evening, Cake's Short Skirt, Long Jacket.


I took this picture off their site, because my camera phone takes VERY crappy low light pictures.
A little while later, Geoff's friend Staci and her crew showed up. They were a fun bunch of people, and we had a good time dancing. Geoff had to leave to go to work, but I decided to stay a bit longer and hang out with Staci, McKenzie, Katie, and a few others. It was low-key but good fun. The best part of the night though, was when I was standing outside. There were bicycle cops all over the place, and somehow I managed to find the really nice ones. One of them even mentioned having some beads... I said, "I would so flash you just to say I flashed a cop and got some beads!" The cop says, "Don't tempt us, we may be back later!" (I didn't do it by the way, but I would have, just for the story.) I didn't flash anyone. I left with my shirt in place the whole night... but someone did give me beads anyway.. yay!
Here's the few pictures that SORTA came out inside the bar.....
Staci and McKenzie
Me, Geoff, Staci and Katie
Staci and Katie (they were drunk, so it's ok the picture is blurry. :P)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOOO should have come to the birthday party massacre show with us at the Hawthorne. Brought the kids and got treated like celebs... Even insulted a few of the band members.... fun stuff!!!!!Told them all about SOR,etc...

3:13 AM  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

You don't have my number? You can get it from Justin, or send me a myspace message and I'll get it to you. I don't go to places by myself~! Invites help. :P

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad ya had fun with that last minute suggestion.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home