Friday, October 21, 2005

Hospital Diet #2


I slept at the hospital again last night. I've decided I can't do it anymore. I'm a zombie. This time it wasn't the nurses fault, although they did come in every two hours to bother him. Eldon is doing quite a bit better, and now is able to get up and move around fairly well. This includes being able to use the bathroom, and since he's being pumped full of IV liquids he has to go fairly frequently... As the saying goes, "no rest for the wicked" I must be pure evil.
Don't get me wrong, I don't regret spending every night in the hospital with him, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but it's just really starting to take it's toll on me.

This morning, Eldon got to choose his breakfast. He had scrambled eggs, some sort of oatmeal looking thing, strawberry yogurt and cranberry juice. They even offered me breakfast as well. I had rubbery french toast things. It was just nice watching Eldon eat solid food, alth0ugh the morphine kills your appetite, so he didn't eat a whole lot of it.

The most amusing part of the morning was his new nurse. Her biggest concern is that Eldon pass gas. (Passing gas is important because it shows them that his intestines are acutally starting to work.) Now the punchline: His nurse for today's name is Windy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home