Friday, March 31, 2006

Feeling accomplished


The carpet cleaner my mom lent me decided it didn't want to work for me. So I didn't get to clean my carpets yesterday like I had planned. That was irritating. So I went to work and had a decent day, but when I got off, I went to the grocery store to rent a carpet cleaner. The lady said they don't rent them out after 9... I begged and pleaded but they said, no. Jerks.

I got up this morning, and managed to get back down to the grocery store and rent a cleaner. It worked amazingly well. I can't believe how dirty my carpets were. I took a picture of my carpet in the spot where the exploding ass-doggy left his mark (post cleanup, but there were still stains, so I circled them for ya... I'm sure you were dying to see it.) It looks like they all came out after I finished cleaning the carpet though. It's still wet as I type this, so we'll see!

The water that I dumped was so filthy. I've only lived here for about 8 months, so it makes me wonder if me and Wes are just that dirty or if they even bothered to shampoo this carpet before I moved in.





In other news, I'm going to be puppy sitting one of my student's dogs while she goes to Florida for a week. She's a sweet little Yorkie puppy named Jasmine. She's not a bad dog, just really hyper and the family doesn't have the time to work with her like she needs. They're hoping that I can give her the stringent consistancy she needs while they're away so that it's habit formed by the time they return. I'm going to do my best to calm her down. I'm sure Wesley will love having a little houseguest, he loves the little dogs, and since it's only for a week he won't feel like he's having his territory infringed upon for too long.

It looks like this might turn into a side business, as I've had a couple other students interested in having me watch their dogs as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like "projectile poopie-pooch"...it's more alliterative.

But "exploding ass-doggy" works too.

12:01 AM  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

Well, it actually started with "exploding ass kitty", when his cat, Sebastian, decided it was a good idea to eat an entire tube of that garlic sauce you get at Papa Johns. That was pretty nasty too. It was on the walls!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home