Monday, May 22, 2006

my life is moving to Beaverton...

but my residence will remain in Vancouver?

I had my second interview with the owner of the vet practice I applied at a couple weeks ago. The purpose of the interview was to ask for more money. He asked me a lot about the type of dog training I've done, the handling and experience I got at the clinic I worked at in Pennsylvania, the commute issues, etc, and I had an answer for everything. I got the impression that he wanted me for the job. We discussed the pay a little, but I didn't demand any set rate. At this point, I'm so tired of the bs at the store, that I'm going to take the job, even if they don't offer me more money but still offer me the job. Money will be tight, (when isn't money tight with me?) But having a job more geared toward my degree will help me immensely in school, and it's 10 minutes drive from the school. He really seemed to like me, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Then I went down to the school, and got some bad news.... Apparently my summer courses are going to have to be paid for out of pocket! When I filled out my FASFA, I didn't know I was going to need to take summer classes, so I only applied for fall term. The financial aide person told me that by the time my summer FASFA was processed, the classes would already be in session, therefore I'd have to have another way to pay for them. Obviously, this sent me over the edge... I don't have that kind of money!

Thankfully, I have a guardian angel... and No, it's not my mother. I'm going to borrow the money needed for the classes from this person, and pay them back when my summer financial aide reimburses me. Thank you so much... You truely rock. I honestly don't know what I would have done without your generosity. Thank you for believing in me, often more than I believe in myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger a_dog's_life said...

Thank you.. unfortunately I still live in Vancouver, but everything else in my life is in Beaverton. Go figure.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home