Sunday, May 21, 2006

Seeing Stars....

Friday night was pretty uneventful. I cleaned my apartment a bit after work and just relaxed with the dogs.

Having a Saturday night off is kinda rare for me, and I was at a loss for what to do with myself. Most of my friends know that I'm not available on Saturday nights, so they don't even bother inviting me out anymore. This makes it difficult to find something to do when I actually don't have to work. Tonight was one of those nights. I had originally planned to hang out with Eldon, but he called and said they were doing a "guys night".







Later on, he called and said guys night turned into everyone welcome, as his friend Erin was joining them, so I was invited too! The plan was to go to Stars. I'd never been, so I was definately interested. I arrived to Warren pre-funking everyone with his fabulously strong drinks.






Geoff was DD, as he doesn't like to drink much at all when he goes out, and besides, he doesn't need alcohol to be funny.

After the rest of us were sufficiently buzzed, we piled into Geoff's car to go to Stars. It was PACKED! So packed in fact, that Erin and I had to wait in a ridiculous long line to use the bathroom. I got to talking to the girl in line behind me, and it was so loud in there we had to lean in to hear each other. A collision happened on the lean-in, and her nose went right into my eye! It was incredibly painful!

We had a great time, Justin showed up later and commented that he's probably bought one of the dancers a car by now... bad Justin! We stayed out till they closed, and decided the night was not over, so we went back to have some more fun at the house.



We started playing "Dirty Minds", of which is really difficult to play when intoxicated. Warren did his best "thinker" pose while trying to come up with an answer that was not dirty to some really suggestive clues.




Eldon's not very good in the kitchen. He had to read the box in order to figure out how to make some mac n cheese on the stove, as opposed to the microwave. He endured much teasing for this.






Mac n cheese finished, and there was much rejoicing. Especially from Erin. She graciously shared her Annie's with me though.



There was lots of laughter....
and sillyness....
affection.....
and even some creepiness...


We tried to get Sebastian to attack Justin, using the lazer pointer as a
lure. He wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea, but we thought it was funny!



A fabulous time was had by all, and the party broke up around 5 am or something. Even the goodbye was fun! Sorry, no photo evidence. Great meeting you, Erin!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here you go, shiny comment. Ooooo, nice shiny comment. Wheee! What a comment! It's all dazzly. Whohwoowhowhowhowhowhooo.

There, there's the comment. Happy now?

PS - Thankee for the pics! T'was a fun night!

1:18 PM  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

....
and I said you didn't need alcohol to be funny. Guess I was wrong, cuz that was laaaaaaaame.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home