Sunday, May 21, 2006

Now I'm home...



I'd been wanting to go back down to the coast for a while now, ever since the first ray of actual sunshine hit the Portland metro area, but I wasn't able to get down there, or if I had the day off, it was the only day out of the week it would rain.

After last night's debauchery, I didn't think I was going to make it either. Eldon and I were both severely hung over. (Thanks Warren! :p) I still REALLY wanted to go. So I made the hour plus turn around to go from Eldons to my place to pick up the dogs and head back to Eldon's to get him. I hadn't planned on staying there last night, but there was no way I was driving, so pass out I did.

We got down to Cannon Beach around 3, Wesley figured out where we were going when we still had about a half hour drive from the beach, and got very excited and started doing his excited whine/howl he does when he knows we're going somewhere he likes. I know I shouldn't encourage it, but I can't help but love that excitement. Bronson picked up on it too, and started chirping accordingly.

It was a little chilly, but it was so worth it...


Both dogs ran around crazily in their excitement to be on the sand and water.



The water was very cold, but that didn't stop Wesley from bounding in over the waves to retrieve his beloved tennis ball.







Bronson was a bit more reserved. He was not a big fan of the cold water. I don't think he'd be much of a swimmer in those waves anyway.





He was more content to dig up sand dollars.







Speaking of digging...
Wesley LOVES to dig in the sand.
He really should do excavation work.
He's like a friggin steam shovel.
Bronson did his fair share of digging as well.
Both dogs ended up with sandy noses!


The bird dog in Wesley re-emerged, and he chased the birds that decided to taunt him.
Bronson watched from the sidelines.


Many more tennis balls were thrown...
and one finally died!
Bronson let us know when he was ready to leave, by climbing into the bag.
We got back to the car, and both dogs were wiped out and hungry! I didn't have any food with me except some leftover treats in my treat bag.
When we got back I introduced Bronson to Sebastian. He accepted him a lot better than he does Wesley!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home