Friday, August 25, 2006

20 years and counting....

I met Kathryn when I moved to San Jose, CA in the 4th grade. I was 9 years old. She was the first and very few people to befriend me in this new place. Somehow, no matter where I roamed, we managed to remain in contact and stay friends for the last 20 years.

I hadn't seen her in about 8 years, but being that she lived in San Jose, she did a little rearranging and possibly begging to make it so she could have the morning off to come up and see Eldon and I in San Francisco.





It was typical bay area weather, and I'm an incredible wuss when it comes to being cold.. so the first order of business was to get me a sweatshirt. This involved shopping! Poor Eldon.. had to shop with two girls. He made the most of it though.



I finally got a sweatshirt and we did a bunch of touristy crap. Kathryn, although living a short distance from SF, didn't bother to go up there very much.




It was actually NOT my idea to go into the pet boutique.... but I wasn't going to argue!



I ended up buying this book just because of the title. "How to make your man behave in 21 days or less using the secrets of professional dog trainers."


I got my fortune read by Zoltar. I figured all would work out as long as I didn't ask to be BIG. It actually said "Unexpected wealth will arrive. When riches come, do not forget that a man's true wealth is the good he does in the world, so when opportunity knocks, grab it." (I won't hold my breath.)




and what's a trip to pier 39 without visiting the sea lions? I don't know why they call them 'lions'.. they're more like blubbery hairless dogs. They bark and play like dogs, will eat just about anything, and live in packs.. even with multiple males in a pack.





We started to get hungry at this point, so we went to the Wipeout Cafe. I couldn't resist taking a pic of Eldon molesting the statue outside.



It was only 11:30 am, but we were on vacation, so we decided to share a 42 oz drink. One of the cafe's specialties.

Eldon had an enormous burger. We joked that he needed to unhinge his jaws to eat it, and I had a personal pizza that was fantastic. For only being a pepperoni pizza, I don't know what they did to it, but it was one of the best I'd ever had.


The food was excellent, and we were stuffed, but Kathryn insisted on having some cotton candy. There's always room for the sugary goodness puffy air, right?!




We went to the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum.


We discovered that according to the love meter chair:
I'm loveable...

Kathryn is boring...


and Eldon is frigid.


We walked around some more, and did the touristy take pictures everywhere thing... We actually got some really cute pictures in Ghiradelli square and surrounding areas.




and then it was time to head back. Kathryn had to work and Eldon and I had a plane to catch.

Rather than walking we decided to take the trolly back, just to complete the San Francisco experience.


I'm so glad I got to see Kathryn. It had been way too long, and I won't get to spend much time with her when I go out in October, because I'll be going out there for her wedding. I'm so happy for her!

Our hotel shuttle driver didn't get the urgency in which we had to get to the airport and we arrived JUST barely in time to make our flight IF we didn't have to go through the ridiculous line at security... Luckily, when we got to the ticket counter, we found that our plane was late, so we actually had a half hour to spare. Got back to Portland, took the max back to the house and were crashed out by 11pm, so I could work the next day... whee!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

All that food and no crab! You missed the best reason to go to San Francisco.

8:42 AM  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

When you're allergic to seafood, it's best if you skip the crab. I don't think my friends wanted to see me turn into Linda Blair.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home