Thursday, August 31, 2006

Jamaica Mon!

I was off work Wednesday, so that was the day that I needed to do a large portion of moving. I packed up my little Honda Civic 4 times by myself and carted everything I could out of Eldon's garage that would fit in my car.

Then, Geoff's brother Robert and brother-in-law Ruban came over in Robert's truck and picked up all the big stuff.. Bed, desk, etc. I've got moving down to a science. 1 day to relocate, and then several days to organize.

Thursday when I got off work, I went downtown and picked up Eldon so we could go over to Kim's house. I had heard a lot about this girl, but never met her, so it was time. We arrived at her apartment down town, and she announced that she too, was engaged! (Insanity, I tell ya!)

Her fiance' Adam arrived shortly after, Adam's friend Rhianna who was visiting.
Rhianna, Adam, Kim

We decided to go out to eat at a Jamaican restaurant, aptly called Montego Bay.


Eldon got himself a rum punch, which was really good, but my "day at the beach" was even better!



Their food was very spicy, even the "non spicy" dishes were spicier than I usually like, but the food was very good. They kept the table full of fantastic banana bread and I ate WAY too much. My only complaint about the restaurant, was that they seemed to be on "island time" there, as far as the service goes. Go for the food and atmosphere, expect friendly, but not quick service.

Kim is into art. She used to run a gallery downtown, therefore knows a lot of great photographers. Maybe there will be some photo shoots in my future. :) Even better than that, she likes to surf, and we made tentative plans to have her teach us how. I've always wanted to learn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Its not spicy unless you cry!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home