Friday, September 29, 2006

A party for each decade....

Geoff is a lucky bastard. I have to admit I'm fairly jealous of my roommate. That guy has the biggest circle of ecclectic friends and they all adore him. I can see why though, I love him too. He's just a genuinely good, fun person. Even living with him, yes, I've seen the grumpy morning Geoff, the frustrated/irritated, and the nervous/obnoxious Geoff, and I still enjoy being around him. He just rocks.

As such, it's only fitting that he have the coolest 3oth birthday ever.

Thursday he went out with his family.. fitting, as the first 10 years of your life, that's pretty much all you know. Unfortunately, I had homework to do, so I wasn't able to make it, even though the invite was extended to me.

Friday however... Aaron and I had managed to plan a surprise party for Geoff. This is incredibly difficult thing to do, because Geoff is a nosy bastard! He caught me a couple of times talking to friends of his online that he KNOWS I don't know, and asked me why. I'm not a very good liar, and I hate doing it, but this was for a good cause, so I made some crap up. Apparently it worked too, because he had no idea even up to the day of the party!

I got all the stuff, ran to Aaron's place and began setting stuff up / welcoming guests, while Aaron went over and hung out with Geoff and then came up with a reason to take him back to Aaron's house.

He walked in, and was promptly tackled to the ground by Eldon as we all yelled "Surprise."


Followed by the singing of "Happy Birthday."


I think he wished for a new elbow. (He banged it on the wall on the tumble down from the tackle.)

It turned out pretty good. I'll let the pictures do the talking for the rest of it. Create your own captions!




I don't know why, but for some reason, I was very playful that night and I felt the need to tackle and wrestle everyone.





Then I insisted that Jason do the truffle shuffle. He said no way. You WILL do the Truffle Shuffle!!!


I won....


Geoff got birthday spankings.


Everyone drank a lot and was very friendly with each other.
At least you can't say we didn't get along!





Good times.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, what to say here. I think "Aw shucks" just about covers the gambit of emotions involved here. And, for the record, you rock back. That is the first time I've ever had a surprise party, and I'm genuinely moved...as I've mentioned on prior occasions.

But for the record, it's not THAT big a circle of friends! Ecclectic, though, yes. I'm overjoyed that you've become a key link in the chain.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home