Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Moving sucks...



But it sucks a whole lot less when you have really awesome friends.





Geoff volunteered his manliness and his stationwagon to help me not once, but twice, in relocating my crap from one place to another. A big thanks to Geoff.. You ROCK dude!

What's even cooler than that is that I didn't have to rent a truck afterall.

That was a huge concern for me, because I have absolutely NO money right now. My new job only pays once a month... something I was completely unaware of and unprepared for when I took the job. Warren got a friend of his to lend him his truck for the morning, and because Warren is the only person I know who is busier AND has more jobs than me, he was on a tight time schedule. As such, the only time he could do the move, was exactly the time I was going to be at work. So him and Eldon went over to my place, and grabbed all the big stuff that required a truck (bed, futon, desk, etc..) and moved it over to my new place while I was at work! How fucking cool is that?? Warren, you saved my ass, and you rock. I owe you big time!



And of course, Eldon my dear... You should know the depths of my gratitude, but just in case you don't.. you rock my socks off.. (amongst other things!) Thank you for not only putting up with me, but thanks again for your help with literally everything. Having you in my life makes this one of the best, most fun years I've ever had.








Moving also had it's issues, like cramming the last bits of stuff into Geoff's station wagon, forgetting that we needed to save room for Wesley. We managed to fit him in, but around those tight corners everything sorta shifted, making it a not so comfortable ride for the big guy. As you can see, I had so much concern for him, that amidst my laughter, I took a picture.

It's taken me a few days to get used to the new place, living with someone else, and two more dogs.. but I'm really liking it. I've come home to have Amy tell me she already took Wesley out and fed him, which is always helpful when you work a long day. It's also nice just to have someone to talk to when you get home. That's something I missed the last year I lived alone. And having three dogs... well, it sure makes the house lively! Although Paris and Cesar need some work in the manners department, they're fun, and there's never a dull moment. I've already started whipping the two into shape (metaphorically speaking) by taking them for walks and not putting up with their jumping and counter surfing. All in all, it's been an busy week, though not much blogworthy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Wesley definitely looked a bit shaken up in the backseat. Sorry, boy.

Oh, and yer velcome.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love knowing people who take romantic black and white photographs that include weapons. :)

10:21 PM  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

Hah! Well the picture was originally taken in color, but as the saying goes, "everyone looks better in black and white", and I definately do... so, photoshop is my friend!

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home