Saturday, September 30, 2006

I mentioned 3.

I got to work with a really talented photographer Saturday morning. I wasn't sure what to expect, but Marie Saturn of Saturn Styles Studios is not only a talented, beautiful woman, but really nice to work with. She has a great eye. She took these pics of me while she was playing with lighting effects in her studio. I have to admit I was a little nervous how they would come out because I wasn't even wearing any makeup!



Then she remembered that she wanted to work on a project she's doing called "Edge of Broken Heart" and asked me to look as sad as I could. The pictures came out so beautiful. Each one really envokes sadness. I love photos that when you look at them, actually pull an emotion out of you. That I think is the sign of a good photographer. They can make you feel something when you look at their work.


This one is my absolute favorite.



I said Geoff had 3 parties for his birthday but I only got to two so far. Because he was unaware that a surprise party was being planned in his honor, Geoff decided that he did want a birthday gathering afterall.. So he had invited a bunch of people out to Barleycorn's (one of his favorite little McMenamin properties).

I don't know all of Geoff's friends, so there was no way I could get to all of them to tell them about the surprise one... not to mention, having a party each day ensured that everyone who wanted to come out and give Geoff well-wishes was able to make it to at least one. The hardcore people made it to both, and some of his really dedicated family members made it to all 3.

It was a pretty good turn out. This picture is actually missing 4 people.

Due to the arrangement of the table, a few of us, mostly Geoff and myself had to go under the table if we wanted to get out for any reason. Eldon was amused by this, so he took a picture. I made sure to make a ridiculous face so he would laugh when he looked at it later.


Geoffy got a Guiness lamp and some tea as gifts.

I finally met the harpist that Geoff always talks about.

She's so nice. According to Geoff, she's invited us to go have dinner at her house in a couple weeks.

Robby and Eldon "raising the roof"? I have no idea.


When that dwindled down, the rest of us went and decided to crash Simon's housewarming party. I think he was glad we came. Ryan, one of Geoff's old friends who had come up from Salem to see him, joined us at Simon's as well. He started complaining of a bad back. So I volunteered to walk on it for him and help him out.
After I did that, every guy at the party, except Simon, wanted one too! I obliged in exchange for a back massage. I'm such a massage whore.

I stabbed Ruban in the ear with a pizza crust. Not really sure why.


Geoff still had one more present in store for him. Two girls he had been chatting with on myspace but hadn't had the opportunity to meet yet, ALSO showed up at Simon's to wish Geoff a happy 30th.
They were lots of fun.



Geoff was ecstatic!


Happy birthday bud. You deserved it.
ps: You have 10 months to think about what you're going to do for my 30th. I keed, I keed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The under the table pics are hilarious.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee...subtle hint there.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home