Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I love my Tevas

Sunday I had off from work and I knew I needed to get some new sandals for my rafting trip. As I am vertically challenged all of my current shoes are platforms in some way. Platform sandals don't work too well when walking across rocks, as I discovered when I took Wesley to Sunset Falls. Wesley and I took a trip down to Beaverton to hang out with Eldon, and we went to REI. By the way, REI is super cool.. Not only do they allow dogs, but this ultra cool sporting goods store also sells dog toys! Tevas seem to be the popular brand of sandals out here, although living on the east coast for 5 years I had never heard of them until I came back here. I saw lots of people wearing them and always thought they looked cool.
I only have one complaint about these super cool sandals..... The ones I liked were $25.00 MORE in the women's size than they were in the mens, for EXACTLY the same friggin design~! What's up with that??? Luckily, I have pretty big feet for a girl, and the smallest size they carry in men's is just perfect size for me! So I bought the men's. :P Eldon liked them so much, he bought a pair for himself too.


After that, I was ravenously hungry. We went to Old Chicago, a pizza restaurant near his house. We ordered a small pepperoni pizza AND meals on top of it. Their chicken fetuccini alfredo is fantastic! So was their hard pear cider.



Finished up the night watching In Good Company. While I liked the fact that it had a realistic ending, it wasn't all that great of a movie. It was one of those movies I could have seen or not seen and not been disappointed either way. I like Topher Grace and Scarlett Johanssen though, so I watched it for them, but all in all it was sorta boring. The best part about the movie I think was the fact that I was IN good company when I watched it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home