Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Life's a Beach


One of the things I love about moving back to the Northwest is the ability to drive a couple short hours in the car and be at the ocean. Eldon suggested going to the coast for the day, and I loved the idea. When I got up yesterday morning, I thought it might be a not-so-great day to go, but we went anyway. It turned out to be absolutely beautiful. Not too hot, but not cold at all. Even the water was somewhat warm.










Wesley loves the beach. His nickname is the LochWes Monster because he looks like a sea monster when he swims. He had the best time chasing the ball through the waves. He doesn't like it when the waves crash into him, so he tries to jump them, and his ball obsession will keep him doing this all day long, no matter how tired he is.

Because we were unsure of the weather, we didn't bother to bring swimsuits... What's the difference between underwear and swimsuits anyway? The water was warm enough to swim in and not too many folks were around, so what the heck, right?








My attempt at looking sexy.....

Foiled by a cold water wave!

Once we were waterlogged and sandy, Eldon wanted some time to sit and reflect. We climbed up on some rocks and just sat, staring at the ocean's crashing waves. I could do that all day long and not get bored. What a beautiful view.





We drove back and attempted to watch Kung Fu Hustle. I managed to watch about the first 45 mins of it before passing out from exhaustion. From what I saw it was pretty funny. I'm really not into kung fu movies, but it was kinda a spoof, so it was amusing. All the moves were done super fast and some of the things they did were totally ridiculous. Even if you're not a kung fu fan, I'd recommend seeing it for the sheer entertainment value. I'll have to watch it all the way through sometime.

1 Comments:

Blogger a_dog's_life said...

Hey thanks! And thanks for commenting.. you're my first one EVER on here!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home