Monday, November 14, 2005

Dog Nerd meets Wine Geek....


Tonight after work I finally got the chance to hang out with Glen. He's the one whose Murder Mystery Dinner party I was supposed to go to the night Eldon went into the hospital.

We were originally going to meet up at Wine Down, but even though their sign said they were open till midnight closed at 10... So instead we went to Navarre a few blocks down and had a glass of wine. I proceeded to inundate him with my vast dog knowledge while he chose a wine based on my simple preference... sweet. We first tried a wine that was so sweet it tasted like they squashed marachino cherries into a glass.... that's a little TOO sweet. Then he picked out a tawny port that was just the right blend of sweet and delicious.

After that, we went for a short walk and decided to continue our conversation at his place. He opened a bottle of Stanton and Killean Australian Tokay. It was fantastic. Sweet without being sickening and we managed to polish off the whole bottle! He showed me The Lonely Astronaut. And I showed him the Petting Zoo. He said I won the twisted humor battle, although the squirrel site, Ill Will Press was pretty twisted.

He also tried to teach me cribbage, but being that math isn't my strong suit, we skipped it in lieu of great conversation. After about 5 glasses of water and 3 am rolled around, it was time for me to head home. I'm glad I finally got to meet him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home