Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Rest in peace, Hershey...

I cried at work today. My boss comes up to me shortly after I came back from lunch, and asked me if I had a German Shorthair named Hershey in my Wednesday night class. I said "yeah are they not going to make it today?" She said, "No, Hershey was in a car accident yesterday and he died." Tears immediately came to my eyes.

Hershey was in my puppy class about 3 months ago, and he was typical german short hair... LOTS of energy. Well he had so much energy that he ran full speed into the family's adult Mastiff and broke his leg! He had to recover before he could come back to class. I saw them in the store a couple times with his little cast on, and told them I couldn't wait till he could come back to class. I have a soft spot for this breed, especially after having Ferris.

So about a month ago I got a call from John, his "dad", and said he was all healed up and could come to class again. I put him in my big Wednesday night class, and he was there each week for a month... he was supposed to come tonight. I sent the family a sympathy card. Tonight was tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home