Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Shopping Spree

I spent way too much money today, but it was on my dogs so it was totally worth it, and now I won't have to buy anything for them for several months. Today, just in time for the holidays... was double discount day for employees at my work. Instead of my normal 15% off, I got 30%. So I used the opportunity to completely stock up on things for my babies...

I bought 2 40lb bags of the best dog food in the world, Blue. I am a huge endorser of this dog food. My dogs eat better than I do... and the best part about it, is that in a pinch, a person could eat this dog food. Here are the first 10 ingredients... 1.Chicken2.Chicken Meal3.Whole Brown Rice4.Whole Ground Barley5.Oatmeal6.Rye7.Chicken Fat8.Menhaden Fish Meal9.Whole Carrots10.Whole Sweet Potatoes. Doesn't sound like dog food does it? That's the idea. It also has no corn, wheat or soy, no preservatives, steroids or anything else yucky in it.

They also just recently came out with a canned food that's just as great. So I bought a few cans of that. I also bought something to give me some friggin peace of mind. Rikka is still learning to potty outside, and I'm tired of cleaning my carpet, so she gets to wear a doggie diaper until she learns that outside is the only place she can potty. Yay for no more carpet stains!

Then I got to the good stuff, a bully stick, some denta bones, a bag of compressed rawhide bones, (longer lasting than regular rawhide, safer as in less risk of a choking hazard because they can't eat a whole big chunk of it and get it stuck in their throat, and because they can only rip strands of it off, the big chunks don't sit around in their stomach having a hard time digesting.) some tug toys for Wesley, a "doggie purse" for Rikka, so I can take her everywhere with me... (Look out Paris Hilton! It's even pink.. God help me.)
and last but not least, a new Chuck-It. A Chuck it is the coolest dog toy for dogs who like to chase tennis balls.. It allows you to throw like a major league baseball player without dislocating your arm, and its also designed so if you can get your dog to drop the ball, you can pick it up with the arm and never have to touch that nasty slobbery ball!

What can I say? My dogs are spoiled, but I don't have kids. Besides, what good is having a dog if you can't spoil them from time to time?

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cartier said...

In a pinch? Um... I might visit the soup kitchen in a pinch. It would take utter desparation for me to eat dog food. ;)

It does sound good though, for dogs I mean. Is is expensive?

8:51 AM  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

It is kinda on the spendy side, like $40 for a 30lb bag.. but my dogs are worth it, and they eat less of it than of the crappier dog foods that use a lot of filler, so it works out in the end. Other than that though, I would visit the soup kitchen first as well...

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home