Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Hunt for Thanksgiving Dinner...

The search is on....
I found it!

I brought dinner mom!

Ok, so maybe it didn't go quite like that... but I did have duck and Wesley would have loved to have gone and got it himself....

Instead, Wesley and I joined Eldon and Ildiko for Thanksgiving dinner at Ildiko's place. He did seek and hunt for Nero, Ildiko's cat but never actually made the acquaintance. He found her big stuffed bearded collie and made friends with it though. :P

She made duck, something I'd never had before, but it was really good. I'd heard that duck was greasy, but I didn't think so.. maybe it's because Ildiko said she overcooked it, but it didn't taste overcooked or dry, it was just right.

Before dinner, I stopped by to wish Glen a Happy Thanksgiving and pick up a bottle of wine he said would go good with duck. He was right. It was a really good wine. Thanks again Glen!!

Even Ildiko liked it, and she's not a fan of wine. She really is a fantastic cook, and she likes doing it so Eldon and I felt quite spoiled that she did all that cooking just for us. There was duck, stuffing, mashed potatos, sweet potatos, salad, green beans and for dessert a sweet potato cheesecake and apple pie. We left quite stuffed. Thanks Ildiko for a great meal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home