Tuesday, April 18, 2006

so it's been over a week


since my last confession... er blog. What have I been up to? Well, lets see.....

I reunited a very excited Jasmine with her family on Sunday, and they were extremely pleased with the results. I saw her again on Tuesday, when she graduated my class with flying colors.. *cough* Of course she did! She spent a week at my house, there's no way she wouldn't graduate!




I had two interviews last week, both of which were jobs that I had to say, "Thanks, but no thanks!" to. One was for a position with AFLAC insurance company. Apparently they wanted me to become an insurance agent. Which wouldn't be so bad, except that they wanted me to pay $400 to become licensed, then I would be able to pimp out everyone I know by putting them on a list and attempting to sell them insurance. No thanks.. I actually LIKE my friends, I'd like to keep them, AND if I had $400, I would not be spending it on becoming an insurance agent.

The second, was for some law firm in downtown Portland. A legal secretary position. Again, sounded good in the ad. Until he told me, "We're just starting out, so right now it would be flexible scheduling, and not too many hours (like 10 a week). " Sorry, but I can't live on that, it would actually work out to being LESS than what I make now, which I almost didn't think was possible.


Went to have a fabulously cheap and incredibly good steak dinner at the Acropolis with Eldon, Geoff and Ashlee, no pictures of course because the Acrop, in addition to being the cheapest place to get a REALLY fantastic steak, is also a strip club.

I had a couple more classes graduate...

Back row: Doja the flying pit bull, and Hunter the hiding black lab

Front row: Prince, Oscar, Mimi, Boston and Domino

Joey, Pepper, and Grace

Kyleigh, Chloe and Swayd

Watched a crap-ton of movies: Sound of Thunder, A remake ripoff movie about some guy that invents a way to go back in time and hunt dinosaurs for a price, and ends up changing evolution....A History of Violence, which I thought was pretty good, definately a different kind of movie, very moody... Just Like Heaven, a cute chick flick with an interesting idea, and some other movie I can't remember that I rented... must have been that good.

Went to see Lucky Number Slevin which I thought was a really clever movie, but I can't tell you anything about it, or I literally will ruin it for you.

Went out to the Melting Pot with Ashlee and Eldon last night....

Ashlee loves cheese so much, she couldn't even wait for the waiter to bring our fondue forks.

Can you blame her though? With a spread that yummy looking?

I did my fair share of stuffing my face as well.

As always when there is more women than men, Eldon must have his Moment TM

Their spinach and artichoke dip is fantastic! This coming from someone who absolutely HATES spinach. It must be the incredible amount of cheese they put in the dip.

About the time dessert came, Ashlee had to decide if the dessert would be the chocolate in front of her, or the "booty call" sending her text messages on her phone.

In the end, I think the chocolate won out. It did have Bailey's in it, and there were strawberries, bananas, pineapples, graham cracker and oreo rolled marshmallows, brownies, pound cake and cheesecake....

I also got another parking ticket.. this time on the PCC campus... I was there trying to enroll for school.. of course I don't have a parking permit for the school, I'm trying to BECOME a student! There were no signs stating that where I parked was permit only, but sure enough, I came out after getting the run around and getting nowhere closer to actually enrolling in school, to a $20 parking ticket. If they don't accept me into the program they can kiss my ass for the parking ticket money.

I also found a roommate! I don't have to live in Little Mexico for another year! YAY! My lease expires in June, so I've been trying to decide what I'm going to do. My friend Amy has a nice place in a better part of town and said Wesley and I could live there. Wow, two weimaraners in the same house, that's going to be interesting. Even more interesting is the fact that Saturday, she's getting an 11 week old Old English Sheepdog puppy. So it's going to be us two girls and a pack of dogs! Fun!!

I finally did some long overdue maintanence on my car. Got an oil change, replaced some disgusting filters, washed my car, spent literally hours vacuuming and dusting the inside, in addition to removing every last Wesley nose smudge from the inside of the glass, and even threw my seat covers in the washing machine! My car actually smells, feels and drives so much better! They did give me some bad news though, my front right tire is "balding" and I could use an alignment. This is NOT the tire that blew out on me in September that Jesse so kindly replaced for me on his visit... it's the other one. Great! Cuz I can SO afford a new tire right now!!!

So... not a whole lot of exciting news, but just in case you were wondering.. I didn't fall off the planet, I just didn't have a whole lot to say. Most stuff was frustration related, job search, school run-around, car maintanence etc, and I wanted to wait until I could blog about it all in a funny way, rather than bitch and moan about it. :P

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Melting Pot was that cheese place downtown. Damn it! I should've SO invited myself in on that! I've been meaning to get out there. D'oh! D'oh! D'oh!

Congrats on finding a new place. And another weim owner to boot. (The other one isn't a female, is it?)

In regards to the legal secretary bit, I would've taken it and kept the dog training. Both together would've equalled full-time hours.

12:21 AM  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

Her weim is female, but she's spayed. :( Ah well. I'm still looking for a female weim hottie for my boy. I'm sure I'll find one soon, although I'm not so sure I want a puppy right now, so even if I find someone to stud him out to, I might just take the fee at this point.

The job was going to be lame and make me work wierd hours, in addition to not paying me crap.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Melting pot rocks. The cheese is definitely the best part.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home