Friday, July 07, 2006

Ride em' Cowgirl.. er something

Friday, I woke up fairly early, due to my body being used to getting up at the crack of dawn lately after little to no sleep the night before. Having 4 dogs in your room makes getting up early nearly a requirement. But they're so cute!


I did my usual go meet Eldon for lunch downtown. This time I decided to take the two most hyper dogs of the 4, in hopes of tiring them out to a manageable level. I took Paris and Shep.




While there, Paris showed Shep the ropes on how to get water downtown.
He caught on quickly.
I brought them back to the house, and they ate as a pack.
(Wesley doesn't like other dogs around when he eats. He's not food aggressive, but he gets upset when another dog is near his bowl, and won't eat, he'll just stand there guarding it, so I just feed him separately so he can eat in peace.)

I was invited to go out with one of Geoff and Aaron's friend's for her 21st birthday bash. I met Nicole at Aaron's party a few months ago, but that was the last time I saw her or really talked to her. I was really tired and wasn't sure if I wanted to go, but because she took the time to actually snail mail someone she hardly knew the directions to the bash, I figured I should go and try to get to know her better.

It was at a place called Duke's Country Bar and Grill. Now country bars aren't really my scene, as I'm not a big fan of country music and I don't line dance or anything remotely country, but it was still loads of fun. Eldon met us down there as well, even though he too was exhausted. Don't we look fantastic?
Notice that Eldon's drink has an entire Red Bull can in it.

There was some really bad dancing performed by Geoff and Aaron, poor Nicole sandwiched in the middle.

There was cowboy hats.

There was of course, an Eldon Moment...

and quite possibly the funniest part of the evening...
Getting Geoff on a Mechanical Bull!

(you absolutely have to click this picture to get a look at the facial expression.. priceless!)
I wish we would have gotten his landing.. when he plummetted off the bull he landed on the mat face down! Aaron was laughing so hard the picture came out blurry.

The birthday girl got up there too...

Doing the Miss America wave.

Aaron got up on the bull as well.

Crushed nuts anyone?
His landing was really funny too... I caught just the end of it, but he actually did a backwards somersalt and landed against the fence!

While I was waiting for my turn, the guy running the bull was hitting on me! So I get up there, and at first he's taking it easy on me...

Then he tilted the bull forward and bounced me up and down, rapidly...
But I held on....

and ended with a very silly "Ta Da!" landing!


We tried to get Eldon up there too, but he wasn't having it. :(

So instead, Geoff decided he would ride the bull his own way.

Um, Geoff.. that's not an udder!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bull riding in heels. You are a true cowgirl.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Miss Cartier said...

You know people who are just now turning 21? Gosh, I'm old.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home