Saturday, July 29, 2006

What a show!!!




Saturday was a day I'd been looking forward to. It was the day that my friends from Son of Rust got to open for one of the bands responsible for influencing their sound. They opened for the newly reformed Information Society.

Eldon unfortunately had to take a trip to the Garbage State on business and wasn't able to make it to the show, but since there's nothing worthy of taking pictures of in central New Jersey, (I know this because I lived in Old Bridge, NJ for a year) he told me to take his new camera to the show and take lots of pictures for him. And picture taking I did.

Geoff picked me up and we headed down to the show at the Crystal Ballroom around 7:30. The show wasn't scheduled to start till 9, so we met up with the usual SoR groupie crew at Ringlers downstairs. All the usual suspects were there: Justin and Ben (duh!) Melissa, Jason and Bekka, Allison, Tad, Geoff and myself, and then some others made it out for the occasion as well. Melissa being in town from Thailand, Chad drove up from Eugene, and even Erin managed to make it out. While on stage, Justin gave a shout out to his parents who also made it out to the show, and later I found that Ben and Michael's parents had also come. That's kinda neat.

The SoR boys put on probably their best performance to date. I think they were so charged from getting such an experience, and from probably the largest crowd they've played to since the Iris/Cause+Effect show. (It's debatable which crowd was bigger at the actual time that SoR was on stage.)



InSoc was also fantastic. It had been quite some time since I'd heard their music, but it turns out I recognized a lot more songs than I thought. I managed to really put the new camera to the test there. It definately takes much better low light pics than his other one did. The hardest part was having the shutter open so long, any movement at all would cause blur. Even if the guys on stage stood still, the crazy dancing crowd + the Crystal Ballroom's wonderfully bouncy floor made it extremely difficult to have no blur at all.

It was a great show, and I got to hang with fun people! Good times, good times. I'll post more pictures from the show later... Just wanted to get a couple out there so my readers didn't think I'd fallen into a hole!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really was an assload of fun, wasn't it?!!!!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only regret of that night is that I was scruffy. That's it.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home