Sunday, July 23, 2006

When it rains, it POURS

In addition to the veritable shit-storm (thanks dad for that reference!) that happened with SHE (from my previous blog) who will henceforth now, and until I forget about her entirely, be dubbed Psycho the Wonder Bitch, a whole bunch of other unbelieveable crap has happened to me in the last week.

I was trying to recover from what Psycho the Wonder Bitch did to me, while getting harrassed for a couple days, and she even sent Eldon an email trying to cause even more drama in my life. Luckily, Eldon trusts me enough to know that anything Psycho the Wonder Bitch has to say is total bs and he wouldn't believe it anyway.

I realized that my cell phone decided it no longer wanted to take pictures. On the crap scale, it's fairly low, but it was just another little annoyance that bothered me. Being completely displaced and living out of boxes is depressing, too.

I went to school on Friday at noon to take my math mid term. Got there with plenty of time to spare, and realized when I got there, that I was at the wrong campus! Apparently I can't read. There was a 6pm timeslot to take it, so I figured I would take it then, but I called my professor to ask if there were any other times I could take it, because taking it at 6 meant skipping out on graduating my final dog training class for the pet store.

I spoke to my professor and she told me that the campus had time on Saturday and I told her that would be great. So Wesley and I get in my car and start heading up to Vancouver to graduate the puppy class.

Sitting at a stop light, the light turns green, the guy in front of me hesitates, so I wait... Unfortunately, the guy behind me didn't. He rear-ended me going about 30 mph!!!!

Wesley, who was in the backseat was tossed forward, and I was jostled a bit, but I was wearing my seat belt, so I was more concerned with Wesley. After the crap I've dealt with in the last week, I didn't even have the energy to be mad. I got out of the car and walked up to the guy and the very first words out of my mouth were: "Tell me you have insurance."

He did. I called the Police, and apparently in Oregon the coffee and doughnuts are so damn good that they can't be bothered to come to the scene of an accident unless there is need for a tow-truck or ambulance! How stupid is that?

I guess they need to have the time to work on the REAL crimes.


So while taking down his information, he calls up what I can only assume is his buddy and speaks completely in Spanish. Not 2 minutes later, we're still exchanging information, and three mexican guys all in white wife beaters come walking up and tell me that they're the guy who rear-ended me's friends. One guy also says that he owns a body shop and would I be willing to get my car fixed at his shop instead of going to the insurance company.

That was a resounding "No Thanks." My back was already hurting at this point, but I was more concerned about Wesley, so I drove frantically to my clinic to get him checked out. They told me, "He's gonna stay here and get checked out and you need to leave right now and get yourself checked out."

So I got to spend 2 hours getting x-rays for them to tell me that there's no bone damage at least and I'll probably just be sore for a few days, here's some ibuprophen, enjoy. Wesley too got x-rays and he was fine as well, but the whole thing was just icing on the cake of my ridiculous week.

I was all prepared to take the mid term Saturday morning, but apparently my professor found out she had no way to get the test to the testing center because they don't allow you to email it, so I don't get to take it now. Fan-friggin-tastic.

So instead of taking my math mid-term, I went to the DMV (always a pleasure) and filled out an accident report. I'm still incredibly sore from the neck to my tailbone.

Just when I start thinking that if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all.. I have to stop and remind myself that it hasn't been all bad.

****************************************************************

Thursday night 7/13: Jesse came in from NY to visit me. Jesse is my closest friend. He and I have a very strange relationship where if you listened to us banter, half the time you'd think we were brother and sister, and the other half you'd think we were married! After I picked him up from the airport, we met up with Geoff and Jason and went bar-hopping.
We started at Rock Bottom, then graduated to Kell's, where Jason drew me this lovely picture of "Jabba the Penis". (Go-go drunken doodling!)


We then went to Dante's and it was completely dead. Everyone was curious about the upstairs strip club and the boys went up the stairs while I was taking this picture.
No sooner had I clicked the picture and started up the stairs, the boys come running down practically screaming at how scary it was!


So, we had to check out another dive strip club. Cabaret is on the other side of the street, and it just looked so seedy we had to check it out. (Again with drunken logic). It was pretty seedy, but surprisingly enough the girls weren't that bad looking. The most noteable thing that happened though was that Geoff got double charged... for a NEAR BEER!

Walking back to our respective rides,
Geoff decided to pray to never be double charged for non-alcoholic drinks,
and Jason had to pee!

It was a fun night.

************************************************
Friday 7/14: Jesse and I tried to take Wesley to the Berlin Inn for some lunch, but apparently they were closed. Instead we ended up going to a pizza joint with a nice outdoor area on Hawthorne.

We decided to go out to Dixie's Tavern that night. They were having a Red Hot Chili Peppers give away that included airfare, hotel, and tickets to their show in Oakland, CA. Not that either one of us are huge fans or anything, but Dixies is always a fun place to go. We took a cab down because we wanted to not have to worry about which one of us would have to watch what we intook to be able to drive home.


For some strange reason, I've been wanting chicken wings. I hadn't found a place that had them just the way I wanted them, and the two times prior that I'd ordered them somewhere I'd been disappointed. I finally got the chicken wings I'd been craving for weeks at Dixies! They have good wings there. So good in fact that Jesse and I tore into 24 of them between the two of us!




Geoff called me and said him and Jason were heading out as well and so they joined us shortly after. Dixies has the "Coyote Ugly" theme happen from time to time, where the girls dance on the bar. Well, of course if they allowed customers to do that, I absolutely HAD to dance on the bar! That was a lot of fun! Later that evening one of the waitresses ASKED me to go back up and dance again, hah! I think all total I was up there like 3 times. They even hosed us down with water once.


Aaron, Jennifer and Simon also showed up there by chance! Then Gustav from 94.7 announced the winner of the Red Hot Chili Peppers give away. Then he read off my name. I stood there completely stunned for a moment as Jesse and Geoff stared at me in as much shock as I was in. "No way!" I practically shouted while looking for where to go. The show is August 24th, so I'm now in the process of ensuring I can get the day off to go. I handed my phone to someone to take a picture of me with Gustav. The picture didn't turn out well, but that's what happens when you ask drunk people to take pictures with a camera phone that doesn't take very good low light pictures to begin with. :P

Geoff offered to take us home instead of us taking a cab, and when I got to the door, I realized I didn't have my keys... apparently I lost them in the cab we took on the way down to Dixies and they were turned in to the dispatcher and I couldn't get them until 2:30 pm Saturday 7/15 afternoon. So I had to make some noise to be let in....

Let's just say that Psycho the Wonder Bitch was not amused, and it was the start of one of the crappiest weeks I've had in a long time. That's all I have to say about that.

I also got to see Son of Rust play at the Fez on Thursday 7/20 and hang out with that crowd. (Justin, Ben, Melissa, Jason and Bekka, Tad, Allison and Geoff.) It was the first time I'd felt comfortable in nearly a week. I'd been feeling much like an abused dog, cowering anytime someone came near me. Nobody physically beat me down, but emotionally I really felt like I was. I felt the need to walk on eggshells after my displacement for fear of making people regret helping me. It was irrational and unnecessary, but I couldn't stop doing it. I've said I'm sorry more in the last week than I think I ever have in my life. I'm thinking that this last week was a lesson in humility for me. I definately learned it.

I have to say though. I have some incredibly wonderful friends who were there for me when my world got turned upside down, and I hope that sometime I can repay their generosity and kindness.

To Jesse: I'm sorry the last day of your visit sucked, and I was not fun to be around, but I couldn't have made it through that day without you. Your support, wilingness to witness and tolerate my emotional rollercoaster, and strength, (both physical and emotional) made that last day bareable. Thank you.

To Geoff: You seriously are one of the best, most selfless and generous people I know. I only hope that if you ever are in dire need of something that you call me, because I will be there. You are a fantastic friend. Thank you.

To Eldon: You made a sacrifice you really weren't ready for and I am so very grateful. You are a wonderful boyfriend. You keep me sane when I'm losing my mind, and you're always there to catch me when I fall. Thank you.

To Warren: You're an all around great person. You made the last week bearable with your always sunny disposition and humor. I appreciate your willingness to bear the burden placed on you and I will do my best to make it as little an inconvenience as possible. Thank you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cartier said...

I was totally grossed out by that donut for a minute, before I realized what it was.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thanks is appreciated. Anytime.
Yer velcome.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er...that last one was me, but it forgot to put my name. Damn it.

-Geoff

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one good thing about lots of bad stacked up like that is knowing you are DUE some stackin'o'good real soon. The cosmos owes you. Look forward to what it could be! :)

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one good thing about lots of bad stacked up like that is knowing you are DUE some stackin'o'good real soon. The cosmos owes you. Look forward to what it could be! :)

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home