Saturday, July 08, 2006

Exploitation...

Since Amy's been gone, all the dogs have been sleeping in my room. Shep and Cesar in their kennels and Paris and Wesley on my bed.

This is what I've been waking up to every morning. See the lump sandwich in the middle? That's me.

I mentioned before that I planned on exploiting the fact that my apartment complex has a fenced doggy area and that I intended on exploiting it.

Well Saturday that's what I did. I hosted week 1 of a 4 week training class there. I spent the time working with the dogs, so I didn't have much time to take pictures, but here's two of Shep's classmates after their session.

This is Emma and Zabu.

After I finished with them, Lee and Lucienne brought over their enormous and wonderful 10 month old Irish Wolfhound named Jamie. They wanted to work with him a bit before they take him to California and put him in the show ring for the first time with his breeder.

Before I worked with him, we let him and Paris run around and play a bit to burn off some of that energy. Nothing like a 150 lb puppy that's bouncy and playful!

I worked with them a bit on how to keep him standing in the show ring, how to stop after a run, and gave them some tips on how to curb his over-exhuberant lunging at people to greet them.
After, I took them back to my place and we talked out front for a bit. I took a couple pictures to relay the sheer size of this dog.

I really do love the Giant Breeds.

When I finished for the day, I went over to Eldon's and we had a quiet night of cuddling and watching a really long and drawn out movie called Primer. It was an indie film about some computer nerds who are "garage physists" and they accidentally make a time machine. It sounded like a great idea for a film, but in reality, it was over my head and not enough explanation of what exactly was going on to the point that it was pretty much a snooze fest. Which was fine, because I had excellent company. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I really liked Primer....! :)

4:49 AM  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

You probably like physics too. :P

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took physics in high school and I was the only girl in the class. The first quarter I got an A. Then it got harder. Got so bad that the teacher started giving me points for drawing pictures on tests(not even physics related,I might add). Finally dropped it before I got my first F.... :)

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home